I purposed, before the birth of my daughter, to be the kind of mom I'd long wanted to be. At all costs. Unbeknownst to her, my daughter had thrown me a challenge. I needed to use my God-given talents and life's passions to be productive while still working around her needs and her schedule. Here are some daily adventures and small successes.

8/29/2014

FREE back to school minis - Montreal's South Shore child photographer

Yup. Free.

Usually you're in it for at least $60 as soon as you're in front of my lens. But this time around, FREE. Well, with a donation of any amount to a cause dear to my heart.

Evangelina, my 9 year old, is an absolute bookworm. This brought to my attention a serious need within her school's library. Knowing everyone involved is doing their best at every turn to give the kids everything they need, it's obvious that more funds are needed. So guess what? Fundraiser.

I'm a big believer in doing whatever you are good at to give back. I'm no baker. So when it's time to organize a bake sale, they don't call me (unless it's to run the table). I don't sell much at those famous chocolate bar drives, seeing as I don't have a populated office to tempt with the well-meaning goodies. (Nope. It ends up being me, my cramped office desk, and way too much chocolate within arm's reach.) So today I'm not selling you mint-chocolate squares (man, those things are good) or cupcakes or brownies. I'm peddling a Back to School photo session.

*click image to enlarge


Labour Day Monday, I invite you all to pop in and have your kiddies' photos taken. The rules are pretty lax, since it's by donation, so I won't bore you with age restrictions and the like. All are welcome!

At 10 am, I'll be set up in St-Lambert's Parc Lorne, on the side of Saint Barnabas Anglican Church. (Street parking is available in the surroundings.) If it's an overcast day, I may be in front of the old building right next to Saint Barnabas. But no matter what, you can't miss me. I'll be the gal with the camera and the vintage desk. And I will be there until at least 11 am. No appointment is required, it's first-come-first-served, and I'll stay as long as there are faces to be photographed.


Within a week of the session, contact sheets will be emailed to those who participated so you can select your favorites. Images will be available for purchase, starting at $20 for one image (digital format, full res, with printing rights, for self-serve printing). In the end, you may save yourself the cost of those Bad School Photos...


In the off chance it rains, this event will be cancelled. Facebook will be updated to keep everyone aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails