I purposed, before the birth of my daughter, to be the kind of mom I'd long wanted to be. At all costs. Unbeknownst to her, my daughter had thrown me a challenge. I needed to use my God-given talents and life's passions to be productive while still working around her needs and her schedule. Here are some daily adventures and small successes.

11/15/2011

Handmade Christmas, Stockingpalooza

Make your own stockings. There's really nothing to it!

Stockings are one of the most forgiving projects you can tackle. you can make them from easy to use materials like felt and polar fleece. My friend Melissa got a little more daring here, though.


She made her family's stockings to be fully reversible (and smarty pants made 2 extra stockings for any eventual children, keeping buttons and fabric rosettes on reserve to complete the boy/girl cuteness when the time comes). She also custom ordered these fabric tags on Etsy.

When I tackled my handmade stockings, I had a couple of essentials in mind. It had to be fast, fiddle-free, and no-iron-required. My solution was to use felt, and I allowed myself to be inspired by ye old classic wool sock.


Have a hankering to make your own stockings this year? Get your creative juices flowing over at A Fanciful Twist (left) or thanks to Martha Stewart (right). Just a couple of my favorite tutorials you can find online.

3 comments:

  1. oooh, love Melissa's! and so happy to get to see yours, finally - they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant the style of the old classic wool sock.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails