I purposed, before the birth of my daughter, to be the kind of mom I'd long wanted to be. At all costs. Unbeknownst to her, my daughter had thrown me a challenge. I needed to use my God-given talents and life's passions to be productive while still working around her needs and her schedule. Here are some daily adventures and small successes.

5/13/2012

Mom


A fave photo of my beautiful mom sitting by my sister and me. Before I became a mother, I looked at myself in this photo with delight about how small and hilarious I was then. Since becoming a mother, I see myself far more in my mom, and marvel at all she is. 

 I'm not more than a couple of weeks old here. My sister insists that a circus could have been performing all around at that exact moment (the ring leader being my brother; the trapeze/high-wire/contortionist being my sis) and my mother would not have broken her gaze toward me. Obviously, I don't remember any of this. But that loving admiration is all too familiar. My mother still looks at me that way.


(Yes, my brother's a unicorn. Now you know. And yes, it's MY birthday. Ergo the golden képi.)

My mom was this: always there; never pining for the attention of the camera; usually glancing adoringly at her children. All these photos are gold to me.

No, photos don't need to be perfectly professional. But they should be taken. Often. And they should always speak to you.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom, and to all the amazing mothers out there.

(Call your mom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails