I purposed, before the birth of my daughter, to be the kind of mom I'd long wanted to be. At all costs. Unbeknownst to her, my daughter had thrown me a challenge. I needed to use my God-given talents and life's passions to be productive while still working around her needs and her schedule. Here are some daily adventures and small successes.

8/27/2012

The before-and-after drought is over - Montreal's South Shore child photographer

I haven't walked you through a before & after for a while now. So sorry 'bout that. Hope this makes up for it some.

I took this shot during one of the recent 20/20 summer miniSessions. I'm big on back-lighting (when your light source is behind your subject) at sunset because I'm a huge lover of the dreamy, swoony, warm feeling it can give a shot. But it's not for the faint of heart...

How did this all happen? Well, Jesus loves me, so the wind gusted up and styled her hair just as this beautiful model gave me the look. THE look. (You know, the Tigre/Magnum/Blue Steel.) I knew my exposure was about right but since I'm shooting back-lit, I'm using a large aperture. (If you're bored or lost, feel free to skip to the part with the pretty pictures, hee hee.) So guess what? I'm out of focus on her face. GASP! Yup, it's true. PLUS? Unattractive magenta light flare.

A year or two ago, I'd have made my peace with it and cast this shot aside. But today i knew I could make those two problems help each other out.



It all came together just as I had hoped. So dreamy. So entrancing. And I can actually feel the wind in her hair.

For good measure, here it is in a monochrome.


If you enjoyed this shot, you'll love the entire session, which I'll be posting later this week.

3 comments:

  1. She´s beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love love love some more tutorials on your editing. Paint shop pro is so much more affordable and I find it easier to understand and use too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails