I purposed, before the birth of my daughter, to be the kind of mom I'd long wanted to be. At all costs. Unbeknownst to her, my daughter had thrown me a challenge. I needed to use my God-given talents and life's passions to be productive while still working around her needs and her schedule. Here are some daily adventures and small successes.

1/24/2013

Fashion forward - Montreal's South Shore family photographer

With it being minus 40 Celsius out there, how can I help but allow my thoughts to wander towards the warmer weather. (And really, it's not that far off: Only 8 weeks until spring. Wee!)

For me, spring is synonymous with many lovely things like more daylight (and more vitamin D), tree blossoms, and outdoor photo sessions.

Pinning away, I started thinking back to some of last year's best styled family sessions. Here are a few that worked, with my two cents as to why.

1. Keeping it sweet...
While mama sported a powder pink shift dress, daddy's in basic white shirt layered over a t-shirt offering a pop of colour. Where did these two get their palette from? Baby boy's plaid shirt. Oh, and those overalls! Cute!



3. Brights...
Bold, clean patterns and a primary palette matched this family's personality to a tee. Instead of denim to anchor it all, they chose black. That last choice worked perfectly with their complexions.


3. Navy base...
Pinks, oranges, and turquoise all anchored down by a navy blue base colour. (Pun intended.)


4. Natural neutral...
I love cream and denim along with either brown or black. And it's an easy to coordinate wardrobe. And when you've got a family with such a teeny tiny munchkin to showcase, it allows a wild colour or pattern to make her the center of attention. Brilliant move.


What are your plans for your family photo session this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails