I purposed, before the birth of my daughter, to be the kind of mom I'd long wanted to be. At all costs. Unbeknownst to her, my daughter had thrown me a challenge. I needed to use my God-given talents and life's passions to be productive while still working around her needs and her schedule. Here are some daily adventures and small successes.

7/31/2013

Eight seems impossible - Montreal's South Shore child photographer

She's been asking me more and more to tell her funny stories about when she was "little." I suppose when my daughter figured out she was once younger than she is at this very moment, she decided she'd grown up.

So I tell her stories. Stories about her as a baby. Stories about how well she ate. How well she slept. How early she spoke. And all the things she'd say.

Like when she was two --and had been watching Charlotte's Web on loop -- and touted, "No, I will not eat them [carrots]. It's unfair and unjust." At two.

Or when she was five, and I remarked to her that she had my knees. "You know what?" she pondered, "I think Daddy has my nipples."

But now, at the age of eight. I have only one observation. It's impossible. She can't be. And yet, there she is, a little lady before my very eyes.





Still little. Thank god.

2 comments:

  1. I grew up hearing it "time flies" and would roll my eyes at the cliche. The reality of how fast the years pass it amplified watching our babies morph into big kids in the blink of an eye. I love who they are now but miss my babies just the same (not enough to do it again lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW she is growing up into a lovely young lady and your photos of her are mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails