I purposed, before the birth of my daughter, to be the kind of mom I'd long wanted to be. At all costs. Unbeknownst to her, my daughter had thrown me a challenge. I needed to use my God-given talents and life's passions to be productive while still working around her needs and her schedule. Here are some daily adventures and small successes.

8/03/2010

Billy boot ballerina - Montreal South Shore Photographer

Evangelina has always been my ballerina -- primarily because her name rhymes with ballerina. (You know how we invent little songs for our babies...like my nephew was Sébastien le petit pingouin.)



We've recently noticed that she has in fact inherited her mother's legs. Welcome to a lifetime of knobby knees. Nothing wrong with that. Keeps the boys away in high school.



She really loves her rubber boots. During out mini photo shoot today, we discovered that they've somehow sprung a leak. If I can't find that hole and patch it, I'm sending her to school with 3 spare pair of socks tucked away in her backpack on rainy days. I don't buy her rain boots a size too big to have to change them out when they finally fit her. Seriously.



One thing I've been able to train her to do: laugh and not smile for pictures. I highly recommend we all teach our kids to pose for pictures in this way. It should be up there with shoelace tying (which she cannot do) and washing behind ears (which she also cannot do).



We both love Angel Lily Bows. She loves them so much she'll allow me to brush the knots out of her hair to get to wear one. That's real love right there. Because one other way she's like her mother, anyone who comes within 10 feet of her with a hairbrush is privy to ear piercing screams and yelps of, "It hurts!" (I can't believe I tortured my mom that way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails