I purposed, before the birth of my daughter, to be the kind of mom I'd long wanted to be. At all costs. Unbeknownst to her, my daughter had thrown me a challenge. I needed to use my God-given talents and life's passions to be productive while still working around her needs and her schedule. Here are some daily adventures and small successes.

1/06/2011

An update: Matteo

A happy New Year to you all!

I thought I'd start 2011 off by providing everyone with an update about Matteo. If you are not up to date, please have a look at an earlier post to get all caught up.



Sweet Matteo was featured on the cover of The Connection, the Canadian MPS Society's quarterly newsletter. The cheerful yellow party hat is a total giveaway to the fact that he celebrated his first birthday. Way to go, Matteo!



Inside, insight into how Matteo's family and community have gotten involved in raising funds for research into the treatment and eventual cure of Mucopolysaccharide (MPS1). First, the story of Matteo's cousin's soccer team. Say's Matteo's mom:
My niece’s soccer team held a fundraiser earlier this year.The girls will donate $500 from this fundraiser to the Canadian MPS Society and have promised to donate 10% of all future fundraiser proceeds to the Canadian MPS Society as well.
Below that, the MPS Society of Canada features Tanya Zaleski Photocreations' fundraising efforts. (Click on image to enlarge.)



So for all you interested, there are 12 limited edition prints remaining. As well, after a reorder, there are 5 notecard sets left, as explained below:



So as we all wish our friends and family, peace, prosperity, and health for the upcoming year, let's act on our wishes and dedicate to seeing more health for the future. Please consider helping make this fundraising effort a huge success. You can also make a donation online directly to the MPS Society of Canada. Matteo, his family, and I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails