I purposed, before the birth of my daughter, to be the kind of mom I'd long wanted to be. At all costs. Unbeknownst to her, my daughter had thrown me a challenge. I needed to use my God-given talents and life's passions to be productive while still working around her needs and her schedule. Here are some daily adventures and small successes.

8/02/2011

Generosity

We all have the opportunity to be generous. These opportunities come to us now again. And in those moments, we have a choice.

We may view these fluttering opportunities as mosquitoes, come to take from us and leave behind their mark. We may have found our favorite method of swatting them away. We keep our composure about us while delicately waving a hand to shoo them off.

Or we may view these opportunities to give as butterflies. Butterflies are not intrusive. They are lovely, and always gone too soon. We stand still, unsure exactly how to behave. We wish we could hold them, enjoying the sweet feeling they give us forever, but they are usually beyond our grasp. Maybe next time...

I prefer to think of these fly-by opportunities as honey bees. Bees mean business. They are unwelcome by those who don't understand their purpose, as children who only know but one thing: Bees sting. But a farmer will welcome the bee. A gardener will take great joy in the visit of a bee. The bee comes to take nectar. In so doing, it creates a connection from flower to flower, multiplying them and making them fruitful.



Tanya Zaleski Photocreations has been raising funds for the Canadian MPS Society this past year. Through the sale of fine art prints and note-card sets, over $300 have been raised. It is now time to bring this fundraiser to a close, and I'd like to see all the note-cards sold.



I'm therefore conducting an auction on Facebook. With 5 sets left, it would be wonderful to reach the $400 mark. These cards were originally selling for $18. Starting tomorrow morning, you can exercise your generosity and bid on the remaining cards.

And I thank you in advance for taking this opportunity to be generous for what it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails