I purposed, before the birth of my daughter, to be the kind of mom I'd long wanted to be. At all costs. Unbeknownst to her, my daughter had thrown me a challenge. I needed to use my God-given talents and life's passions to be productive while still working around her needs and her schedule. Here are some daily adventures and small successes.

9/15/2011

My new bucket - Montreal's South Shore newborn Photographer

I shoot on location. Alot. Customarily, if I'm shooting at a client's home, I suggest they gather some things together that they could use in their photo session. Timeless toys, multi-coloured pots, colourful candy, and -- in the case of newborn and baby sessions -- anything we could plop a babe into. (I know right now some of you are doing mental inventory of your house, coming up with all these great ideas of what a newborn would look cute fast asleep in.)

On this particular day, the family had on hand a galvanized bucket. "It's from our wedding. We just found it in the garage, and thought it might work." Uh, yeah! Of course it works! And while I'm at it, let me take it off your hands for a small price. Done.


So now, I am the proud owner of one perfectly sized galvanized bucket. This old wedding centerpiece has found new life as one of my fave props.

3 comments:

  1. Soooooo cute! Look at him sleeping in that thing!! And LOL that you bought the bucket after the shoot :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the bucket is great, but it is totally being upstaged by what is in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it!!! I can hardly wait until you shoot our baby!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails