I purposed, before the birth of my daughter, to be the kind of mom I'd long wanted to be. At all costs. Unbeknownst to her, my daughter had thrown me a challenge. I needed to use my God-given talents and life's passions to be productive while still working around her needs and her schedule. Here are some daily adventures and small successes.

3/23/2011

Japan and the hope of Spring


-->
It's about that time of year again...

Spring.

Or the hope of spring, at least.

-->In Canada, our calendars declare spring has arrived. But the ground, the air -- they speak otherwise. The icy winds still nip at our ears. We can see our own breath. That's what we woke up to this spring morning.




-->
As unfair as it seems to see a snow-covered spring, it cannot compare -- it is not even in the same realm -- as what nature has thrust upon Japan. And with that perspective in mind, we turn our eyes from our petty Canadian March troubles and gaze in the face of true devastation.

And we understand: Japan needs our help.

One Savvy Photographer, now living in Japan, has showcased a collection of images of Japanese blossoms. This selection includes the one you see above and can be viewed here. She states:
I am now asking for your help. If you would like to donate , please consider donating to the site I have set up. The money will go directly to Shelter Boxes USA. They provide humanitarian relief and aid in the form of equipment and materials that provide shelter, warmth and comfort to people displaced by natural or other disasters. They are helping in Japan right now providing the much needed boxes of supplies to some of the over 130,00 families who have lost everything. I think if we can all donate a small amount, it will add up to a great amount. Any amount is appreciated. If you can’t help financially, then help us spread the word about the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails